VIRTUAL SUMMER CAMP
VIRTUAL Summer Camp
Students 3rd-8th grade living in the City of Milwaukee are invited to join the new Arts @ Large
VIRTUAL Summer Camp, taking place July 2020-August 2020.
The Arts @ Large summer camp…
1. Provides a weekly experience that allows each student to explore different visual art forms
2. Serves 3rd- 8th graders
3. Will explore drawing, painting, sketching, hands-on visual art building, etc.
4. Provides a safe place for children to learn, grow, and experience the arts.,
5. Is led by Artist Educators, and Arts @Large Staff.
6. Is limited to 20 students per week. On a first come, first serve basis.
FREE!!!! (AT NO COST) Includes Breakfast & Lunch.
To participate your child will need:
1. A computer or tablet
2. Access to the internet
3. Transportation to the Arts @ Large Community Center every morning to pick up art supplies, and breakfast and lunch offerings.
1. A 5-week program
2. Monday - Thursday
3. Morning session from 10am - 11am
4. Afternoon session from 1pm - 2pm
a. July 6 - 9 Melissa Dorn
b. July 13 - 16 Marina Lee
c. July 20 - 23 Rozalia Singh
d. July 27 - 30 Peter Krsko
e. August 3 - 6 Gilberto Botello
You may choose to register for all 5 weeks or just your preferred weeks. When you register please choose which session in which your child will be participating. Morning session or afternoon session, not both.
The sessions will be hosted live on Zoom, during the times listed above.
July 6 - 9 - Melissa Dorn
Students will complete a series of three to five works based on an everyday object. I will share with the students my obsession with industrial mops and how I use different techniques to make abstract art based on the mop. The students will pick their own objects, and the works will include acrylic paint, thread/stitching, and collage elements.
July 13 - 16 - Marina Lee
Art is the Fantastic Relationship exploring energy in water, sky, and self. Small and fast little squares as an introduction to energy and the wonders of oil pastel. The surprise ending by cutting the small works and creating a new work
July 20 - 23 - Rozalia Singh
Students will learn to draw facial features and apply them to different cultures and ethnicities. Students will be exposed to multicultural expressions through drawing.
July 27 - 30 - Peter Krsko
More details to come!
August 3 - 6 - Gilberto Botello
More details to come!
How to Register!
To register, please complete the form by following the links below. You will need an email address and information on any dietary restrictions your children may have to complete registration. If a camp session is full, you can add your child to the waiting list or choose a different session. Any reference to your child’s grade is referring to the grade completed by June 2020.